The popularity of Video Streaming grows every day with websites like YouTube and DailyMotion. With so many webhosting companies in market, it becomes difficult to find a right provider and appropriate hosting package. So, here are the 5 points that you need to consider for Video Hosting/Video Streaming.
- The Dilemma: Video files are of multiple extensions and might not be compatible with each webhosting package. Videos require huge resources like disk space, bandwidth and processor to execute the video file.
- The Consequence: Even if you get a hosting package with unlimited disk space or Bandwidth, it is liable that you end up consuming high CPU and processor due to multiple users browsing the videos, resulting into suspension of your account by the webhost provider.
- The Absolute Solution: It is always recommended to consider a Dedicated Server or VPS for Video Streaming / Video Hosting as you get your own dedicated CPU resources.
- Go For Dedicated Server: Dedicated server is the best hosting element as you have complete admin rights and access to your machine. A Dedicated server can have high CPU processor and can be upto Xeon processors with huge amount of Bandwidth.
- Or VPS hosting: A VPS Hosting can be considered for small video hosting websites. A VPS acts like a Dedicated Server giving you root access to the server with dedicated CPU resources.
It is always recommended to consult your web-developer and the webhosting company to meet your hosting requirements to avoid any future consequences. Happy Video Streaming!